- Founder of Vanover Law, LLC and of counsel at Gunn, Shank and Stover, P.C.
- Executive Assistant Prosecuting Attorney for Platte County, Mo.
Management: Solve problems. Maintain and build relationships. Take over complex and challenging cases as needed. Train younger attorneys. Implement advanced use of technologies and improve systems.
Litigation: Meet with victims and witnesses. Evaluate cases and potential charges. Research points of law. Litigate pretrial motions. Negotiate settlements. Foresee jury deliberations. Prepare for trial. Try cases. Appeal adverse rulings.
- Special Assistant U.S. Attorney for the Western District of Mo. – Prosecuted primarily firearms offenses, but also bank robberies (including a jury trial involving three robberies, approximately 50 witnesses and 300 exhibits), drug cases, counterfeiting and explosives.
- Shareholder in Witt, Hicklin and Vanover, P.C.
- Associate at Witt and Hicklin, P.C.
- Graduate of University of Missouri-Columbia School of Law, 1998, College of Arts and Sciences, Communication Department, 1995
- Licensed to practice law in Missouri and Kansas
- Secretary of the Platte County Bar Association
- Missouri Bar Association, Criminal Law and Procedure Committee, secretary – 2007 to 2015
- Missouri Office of Prosecution Services Trial School, instructor – 2012 to 2016
- Rotary Club of Platte City, member – 2002 to present, president – 2010 to 2011
- First Christian Church of Platte City, member, former Audit Committee chairman, deacon, board secretary and church attorney
- Platte County Historical Society, member of Board of Directors